will be virtual for 2020
We have developed a unique program to make your virtual Quarter Plus a great value and memorable experience.
Quarter Plus will feature the same classes/professors and 8 credits in the same timeframe with the added benefits of a cohort framework supported by learning assistants, study sessions and extracurricular activities, all at a reduced fee of only $2,500.
- Friday, September 4 is now an instructional day
- Wednesday, September 9th is now finals day and the last day of the program
- Deposit refunded if you change your mind
- Fees reduced! Only $2,500 versus $4,601
- Same timeframe
- Same classes and faculty (8 units)
- No new application
- Still a cohort with small group study sessions led by outstanding learning assistants
- Optional fun virtual activity sessions, such as:
- Campus Tours
- Room Decorating
- Scavenger Hunt
- Trivia Night
Accelerate Your Studies
Welcome incoming first year students! Quarter Plus program provides an intensive academic opportunity for you to accelerate your academic studies and begin your college experience during the early fall.
Benefits of Q+
- Mentoring and encouragement from trained learning assistants, professional staff, and experienced faculty
- Enhanced academic preparation and skills for university-level coursework
- Accelerated progress-to-degree by earning 8 units of academic credit prior to fall quarter
- Greater sense of belonging and social connection
- Academic and psychological preparation for the faster pace of Cal Poly's quarter system
- More confidence and preparation for success in the fall
- Small group activities and study sessions led by learning assistants
Final Exams and Last Day
Accept the Challenge
This four-week program includes enrollment in 8 units of academic coursework. Social activities and the opportunity to get to know classmates before fall quarter begins are added benefits. Watch the video below to hear from previous Quarter Plus Students!Quarter Plus Video
Doing this program helped me to bridge between high school and college. It connected me to good people that I can know and rely on, and it introduced me to the campus in a more personal way.
Previous Quarter Plus Student