Quarter Plus 2021
Program Dates: Wednesday, August 11 - Friday, September 10
Accept the Challenge
Welcome incoming first year students! Quarter Plus program provides an intensive academic opportunity for you to accelerate your academic studies and begin your college experience during the early fall.
Quarter Plus Interest Form
The application cycle for Quarter Plus 2021 is open for newly admitted first-year students who have confirmed their acceptance to Cal Poly. Fill out our interest form and you will receive an email with a link to apply.Interest Form
We are planning three program options for Quarter Plus 2021!
Pending university decisions to fully open campus, students will participate in a residential program and take two classes, COMS 101: Public Speaking as well as another lower level General Education course for a total of 8 units.
with one course
Students will not live in a university residence hall during the program and will take one virtual class, COMS 101: Public Speaking for 4 units.
with two courses
Students will not live in a university residence hall during the program and will take two virtual classes, COMS 101: Public Speaking as well as BIO 123: Biology of Sex for a total of 8 units.
In-person or virtual social activities to get to know classmates before the fall quarter are added benefits of all programs.
Benefits of Q+
- Mentoring and encouragement from trained learning assistants, professional staff, and experienced faculty
- Enhanced academic preparation and skills for university-level coursework
- Accelerated progress-to-degree by earning 8 units of academic credit prior to fall quarter
- Greater sense of belonging and social connection
- Academic and psychological preparation for the faster pace of Cal Poly's quarter system
- More confidence and preparation for success in the fall
- Small group activities and study sessions led by learning assistants
Accept the Challenge
This four-week program includes enrollment in 8 units of academic coursework.
Social activities and the opportunity to get to know classmates before fall quarter begins are added benefits.
Hear from previous Quarter Plus Students and watch an overview!
This program is amazing. It is a great transition into college because the teachers are welcoming and you make great friends.
2020 Quarter Plus Student