Program Dates: Monday, August 15 - Tuesday, September 13
Accept the Challenge
The Quarter Plus program provides an intensive academic opportunity for you to accelerate your academic studies and begin your college experience during the early fall.
Quarter Plus applications will open in early to mid-March.
Newly admitted first-year students who have confirmed their acceptance to Cal Poly will receive an invitation to apply around that time.
Quarter Plus Interest Form
The application cycle for Quarter Plus 2022 is open for newly admitted first-year students who have confirmed their acceptance to Cal Poly. Fill out our interest form and you will receive an email with a link to apply within approximately 5 business days.Interest Form
Program options in the past consisted of both in-person and virtual.
Students will participate in a residential program and take two classes, COMS 101: Public Speaking as well as another lower level General Education course for a total of 8 units.
with one course
Students will not live in a university residence hall during the program and will take one virtual class, COMS 101: Public Speaking for 4 units.
In-person or virtual social activities to get to know classmates before the fall quarter are added benefits of all programs.
Benefits of Q+
- Mentoring and encouragement from trained learning assistants, professional staff, and experienced faculty
- Enhanced academic preparation and skills for university-level coursework
- Accelerated progress-to-degree by earning 8 units of academic credit prior to fall quarter
- Greater sense of belonging and social connection
- Academic and psychological preparation for the faster pace of Cal Poly's quarter system
- More confidence and preparation for success in the fall
- Small group activities and study sessions led by learning assistants
Accept the Challenge
This four-week program includes enrollment in 8 units of academic coursework.
Social activities and the opportunity to get to know classmates before fall quarter begins are added benefits.
Hear from previous Quarter Plus Students and watch an overview!
Quarter Plus allowed me to adjust to college-level academics in a fun environment. I met so many wonderful people and had so much fun doing the activities. I feel confident in my ability to be a successful college student after my experience in Quarter Plus!
2022 Quarter Plus Student